VodoTech was founded in 1995 as a subsidiary of Severomoravské vodovody a kanalizace Ostrava. Its original name was SmVaK-opravy a ověřování vodoměrů, s.r.o. From 2000 until 2017, the company operated under the name OVOD. In 2006, it became a part of the Spain-based Aqualia Group. Since those days, the both companies have been working closely as two separate companies.
VodoTech is a reputable, stable, and successful company with a long history. It has been providing services to SmVaK Ostrava, municipalities, companies, and citizens in the Moravian-Silesian Region. The services include an extensive scope of water meter repairs within the authorised metrology centre (repair, verification, sale), smart metering, and general laboratory services.
VodoTech’s core business
- Reading of water meters
- Repair, production and verification of water meters for apartments, households and industries
- General services provided by an accredited water laboratory
- Smart metering – smart grids for remote reading of water meters
- Call Centre
- Design and project works, construction of technology facilities
- To provide top services in water business
- To be a reliable and strong partner for our customers
- To carry out sustainable projects in terms of environment protection
- To have satisfied employees and focus on compliance with occupational safety standards
SmVaK - opravy a ověřování vodoměrů, s.r.o. was founded in Opava. Now, it is the AMS centre
The company changed its name, becoming Ovod, spol. s r.o.
ČMI issue the certificate for repair and official testing of water meters
The Company introduced and has been maintaining the certified integrated management system pursuant to ISO 9001
The company extended its business and started reading the water meter data
Smart metering – the first pilot projects based on radio technologies
The company changed its name and became VodoTech, spol. s r.o. It extended its business and started operating a call centre
The company extended its business and started operating the laboratories (accreditation since 1999). Smart meter – a NB-IoT pilot project (Narrow Band Internet of Things).
The company moved its registered office from Opava to Ostrava, Mojmírovců 571/15
The company is listed among the qualified suppliers pursuant to the Act No. 134/2016 Coll. on public procurement